First Umrah

4-5 years ago, I went to Saudi Arabia to perform my first  Umrah. I was 10 years old. That day morning, when I woke up I was very excited. I wore my Ihram (clothes in which Hajj or Umrah is performed) and prayed 2 rakat Namaz. My family and my Aunt flew from Karachi to Jeddah, as no

plane can fly over Makkah city. We shifted, from the plane to the coaster and made our way to Makkah.
First we performed our Umrah. At the end of Umrah, everyone's hair were cut to be bald. I had to cut my hair too, When I got my head shaved, I was laughing at myself. After Umrah, we stayed at our hotel in Makkah for almost 10 days.
I got lost in Makkah, in Masjid-Al-Haram. It was the time of Fajr prayer, I went to get ZamZam for my family. There were taps (like shown in the picture), there were so many people on the tap near us so I went to the other one. It was time for Prayer, so my family entered the hall of mosque. I went more further, thinking that if would go through the other gate of hall they would combine, but I was wrong. They were separate, I got lost in an unknown city. I prayed in Safa-Marwa (get details about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Safa_and_Al-Marwah). Almost the whole place was unknown to me. I didn't know where to go. I was just walking, crying and praying to Allah in my heart. It was the house of Allah, why wouldn't Allah All Mighty listen to me, I was walking and found my father brother. I rushed towards him, he saw me and we hugged each other, crying. We just stood there for minutes hugging each other, not even saying a single word. At the last day we performed another Umrah and then left for Madinah.
ZamZam is in coolers like this
in Makkah
Before I talk about the time spent in Madinah, I would like to talk about the beautiful feeling that came to me when the first time I saw Kaabah. It was like I entered in heaven. I can't describe the feeling. We drank only ZamZam (Holy Water).
In Madinah, we stayed there for 5-7 days. Not much to share about Madinah but one thing, when we were leaving, we ate Daal Maash.
Those were some awesome days of my life. I can never forget them.

Comments